So really, what I'm trying to say is, I'm lazy. I didn't have anything to blog about and even if I did, I didn't feel like blogging. But just so you don't feel left out of the loop of my life, here is a quick run-down of the goings-on for the past few weeks. This is in no particular order.
- signed up for a sewing class
- signed up for a book club
- got my hair done (and my hairdresser did NOT talk to me about politics this time, thank you very much)
- bought some clearance shoes at Target for $6.00
- had a huge, painful zit on my chin and asked God why the zits couldn't end when my adolescence did
- ate an ice cream sandwich for breakfast
- tried a new dinner at Taco Night (Enchiladas Blancas) and regretted it.....for a long time.....later that evening.....
- knitted the same scarf for the past 4 weeks; seriously, a simple garter stitch scarf; am totally burnt out on knitting
- went to a wine store/tasting with a friend and her 6 month old baby; got looked at funny.
- ate at the new Carl's Jr. restaurant by our house 3 times
- fell out of a folding chair while cleaning a book shelf; bruise leg bad; hurt to walk for several days
So as you can see, you haven't missed much.
Now here's the good news. I always start my new year's resolutions on February 1st. I don't really feel like explaining WHY right now, but it has to do with the fact that January 1st is when everyone else does it, and there's so much pressure on that date, and I just don't like it. So....... that means several things. First, my sweater, obviously. I made a trip to the yarn store today, and it was not very productive. Details to follow in another blog.
Second, a new weekly feature I will have on my blog pertaining to......drum roll please.....American Idol!!!! I'm not ashamed. I love it. And Hollywood week is upon us, and then the finals, which I love. So every week I will give my Weekly Recap of All Things Idol. This is a carry over from an Idol e-mail group that I started several years ago that consists of some friends and family members who all enjoy the Idol. This way, I figure, everyone can enjoy my witty observations.
I have to go now. Writing this blog has really taken it out of me. But I promise to be here more for you now, in the days ahead.