Friday, July 3, 2009

That's M'Boat

The Cowboy and I got a wild hair up our asses on Monday night and bought a canoe.
















Now, to be honest, we'd been discussing buying one for a few weeks, and once The Cowboy gets an idea in his head, you're hard pressed to get him to think of anything else until that idea comes to fruition. So he decided we needed a boat (of some kind), and we obviously couldn't afford a real boat, so a canoe/kayak/paddle boat became our options. We did some research, looked at a few places and found one we liked, so we bought it. We're kooks like that.















We took it out to the lake for the first time today, and it was a blast! They don't make canoes like they used to, and for that I am thankful. The canoes of my childhood were very narrow and tippy. I mean, you stood up, the boat flipped. You leaned over, the boat flipped. You picked your nose, the boat flipped.

I'm pretty sure we both were terrified of tipping it over and balancing and getting used to all that and rowing. In fact, I feared this canoe would be the end of us. I could all too easily imagine him yelling at me to paddle harder or faster or more on the left or that every time I moved I was tipping us and he was getting frustrated. I'm serious. I had nightmares. And he admitted he thought so too.
















But lucky for us, this canoe is fricking awesome. We didn't tip it once, and the lake we were on today was busy and choppy, but we manged to stay right side up.

We paddled around.















We swam for a bit.















We relaxed for a bit.















We stopped for lunch and had a picnic. Then we paddled some more.




















We love our new canoe and we will be getting a lot of use out of it!















Well, I love it. The Cowboy (and his chins) doesn't look too thrilled here, but he assured me he likes our new canoe, and that he can't wait to go fishing.

Happy Birthday America!
Hope everyone has a great Independence Day!!

3 comments:

Suna Kendall said...

That looks like a LOT of fun to me. I hope you get to go out and enjoy it often!

Lisa-tastrophies said...

Caps:
That looks awesome. I completely share your fear on tipping. I would have been freaking a little as well. It looks like you all had a great time.
Happy (post) 4th of July!

Reenie said...

Looks like a blast!!! Do I see beer holders in it too~ WOW ~ Kewel!!

You 2 look so cute. New truck since I was there last too.

Love ya ~ Reenie