Thursday, December 16, 2010

Recipe: Roasted Cauliflower

First, a note. I had no idea until just right now that cauliflower was spelled cauliflower. No one says cow-lih-flower. They say cow-ih-flower. So I naturally assumed it was spelled cauiflower. Incorrect. I don't know how to spell all the words. Oh well.

Anyway, here's a recipe that I've had for a few years and it's delicious. I often forget about it, because cauliflower isn't a vegetable that I make or eat very often, which is unfortunate because this is delicious. Take a look at this deliciousness. 


Oh yum. It's very simple to make. Here's the how-to. 

What you need:
1 head of cauliflower

2-3 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil (I never measure, I just drizzle until it looks about right and all the cauliflower is coated)

2-3 cloves of garlic minced (if you like it really garlicky, go with 3)

Thyme. Ok, here's the deal, I don't really measure when I cook, unless I'm following a specific recipe. But this one I've made so much that I kind of just measure by how it looks. On this occasion I used fresh thyme because I happened to have some, but usually I use dried. Dried you shouldn't need more than a 1/2 teaspoon - it's pretty strong stuff. For the fresh, I tore the leaves off about 10 of the twigs and chopped them up. I'm sorry, I know this is very un-specific and not at all helpful, but you can let your taste buds guide you.

Red pepper flakes. Same deal as the thyme. No idea how much. Just give it a shimmy shake and check it out. I'd go lighter on this. They can be spicy.

What you do:
Arrange cauliflower on a baking sheet, drizzle with oil, sprinkle garlic, red pepper and thyme. Bake at 375 for 30-45 minutes until it starts to get brown and smell like heaven. I toss once about halfway through cooking, just so all sides get the brown deliciousness.

Enjoy!


1 comment:

Reenie said...

I LOVE roasted veggies. Brussels Sprouts are really good....even if you think you don't like them ~ try them roasted=) Also fresh green beans and broccoli. All so good.

For easy clean up ~ I line my pan with foil ;)