Sunday, May 3, 2009

Hats and Horses

Yesterday, as some of you may be aware, was the Kentucky Derby. Now, I'm not a gambling woman myself, and I've never before even watched the Derby, let alone care about it, let alone bet on it. And this year is no different. Don't care, didn't bet and only watched because I happened to be at a Kentucky Derby party, and it was on, and everyone else was watching, so I figured I may as well stand there and cheer for a bunch of horses whose names I don't know.

You know me, any excuse for a party.

It was quite fun, though. We were all supposed to wear crazy hats. Some people did, others did not. But you know me, I love to participate and I love any excuse I can get to use my hot glue gun. So I fashioned me up a hat.
















Darnell, me Christy and Jessica.

The boys wore hats, too.















They didn't use a glue gun on theirs, though.
















Here is Pat in full on special needs jockey wear, complete with cowboy boots.




















Here's Stinky with her daddy. Where's her hat, you're wondering?















She borrowed mine.





















So did the Cowboy.

It was a great day for a party.
































And for my new shoes.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, what a great hat. And the shoes are awesome!

Anonymous said...

Love the hat!! You are one with the glue gun aren't you. And what's up with the cowboy's hair??? Looks like he buzzed it pretty short this time. I like it.

Ta-Ta,
Tiff

Daisymum said...

I love the color green, and or any other earth tone colors. Thanks again!!I also PM you on Rav