Thursday, May 21, 2009

Yeah, I made that

I've been busy being the crafty bitch that I am. Christy and I are taking another sewing class, and we are for sure getting our money's worth this time around. The instructor is nicer, more organized and less crazy. Things I look for in a teacher. We're making pajama pants, and I don't have a picture to show you just yet, but they will be done next week and I will post one then.

In the meantime, I've really gotten a lot more comfortable with my sewing machine. I made another bag:















I finally figured out that apron pattern:




















And then I really outdid myself. I'm sure I'm not the first person to think of this idea, and I know my sewing leaves a lot to be desired, but I made some of these fabulous burp cloths for a friend of mine who needed a baby gift:





























How cute are those?? I am telling you, my arm is sore from patting myself on the back.

I've also been knitting. Not a sweater, if that's what you're thinking. I know I keep promising and saying I'm going to knit that damn sweater, and I did cast on for it, but it's quite a conundrum and I just can't motivate myself to knit it. It doesn't help that it's already hotter than balls down here in Texas and it seems wrong to knit a sweater.

So instead I've been knitting socks. Naturally. Because that makes perfect sense!
















The pattern has little holes in the leg (you can see them in the picture below), and when I showed them to The Cowboy, he said "wow you sure made a lot of mistakes on those". I had to explain that sometimes holes are part of the design. It goes against his beliefs to have holes in his socks.

Anyway the holes are pretty small, and the pattern was easy to work (I bought it at Bluebonnet) and I would for sure make them again, but I'd make them longer next time.





















I'll be keeping those socks, but the pair I'm currently working on are for my blog contest winner, Daisy Mum! Here's a sneak preview (and I actually have a lot more done now, but don't have a picture to show):















I am really digging the way the yarn is knitting up into cool little stripes and stuff. I'm using Knit Picks Essential Multi Sock Yarn in Meadow, and I will for sure make myself a pair with this yarn after I finish this pair. I hope Daisy Mum likes them!

Speaking of blog contests, I will be hosting another one this week for my upcoming birthday! So stay tuned for a good contest and a GREAT story. You're not gonna want to miss it!

5 comments:

ACraftyKnitter said...

Just for the record, no matter what he says, those holes do NOT look like mistakes. They are nice and regular and look like they're meant to be there. Nice job!

Unknown said...

Holes! Hmpf, what do the men know about our knitting?

the socks look great BTW. And I LOVE the sock you are making for Daisy Mum. I'm sure she'll love the socks you make. Very pretty colorway.

And you're making me super jealous with the sewing thing. Nice work there.

Anonymous said...

Looks like you have been busy Catrin. We missed you at the Memorial Day party yesterday. We did tell the story about the shaking the top and the bug!!! Take casre and hi to Blain.

Moe

Daisymum said...

You are right I do love the colors!!!!! I love the pink contrast. It looks so soft. Let's race. I bet you finish my pair before I finish mine. I've been working on my first pair of socks since Jan. I do appreciate the time you are putting into them. I can't thank you enough. You rock. Your sewing looks great. I love the apron!!

Anonymous said...

cute ~ cute ~ stuff Cappy.

Reenie