Monday, April 28, 2008

Baby Shower Palooza

The babies are coming! The babies are coming!

It was all about babies this weekend. Since I know about, oh, 60 people who are currently pregnant (sadly, only a slight exaggeration....ok, a big one, but it's a lot), we had 2 baby showers this weekend for my friends Sara and Christy. They went off great and were lots of fun to plan and be at....but they really tired me out! I crashed yesterday afternoon after the second one. Here are some photos.














Above right, Christy's shower. Left, Sara's.

Then on Saturday afternoon, I got a text from my other friend Sarah (whom I call Chicken) in Michigan to say that her second daughter, Ellie (whom I shall call Ellsworth) was born. I'm not sure of the details yet....I thought I'd wait a few days before calling her and bothering her, since she is now the mommy of a newborn and a 2 1/2 year old.

Most of the babies who have come recently, or will come soon, are GIRLS. Please, someone out there, have a boy so I can knit something blue. All my baby knitting has been pink lately. Hey, speaking of knitting...did I hear you ask to see a picture of my sock? I thought so. Here is one, it is almost finished, and then I will start on another one to match. And THEN.....everyone I know is getting socks. So watch out.




Not sure if Sam is smelling my foot, or is interesting in the needles. Probably the needles, since the dogs seem to think that my knitting projects are, in fact, new chew toys for them. Bad girls!!

No comments: