Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Apparently, no one loves me this year.

It is December 17th, right?

Christmas is still on the 25th of this year, if I'm not mistaken.

That's 8 days away.

One week from tomorrow, if you will.

I've gotten a total of 6 Christmas cards so far. Here they are.

Except that 3 of them were for The Cowboy, and 1 from a lady I used to work with who I only spoke to like twice. Seriously. She gave me a Christmas card, but are there any up there from my family?

No.

From my friends in Michigan? Who all have kids?

No and no.

I love getting Christmas cards. Every day for the past week and a half (or so), I've rushed home to look at the mail and see what cards came. And every day for the past week and a half (or so), I've been sad. I've wanted to cry and crawl in a hole of self pity and despair.

Bah Humbug.

11 comments:

Lina said...

I've only gotten ONE card so far... I guess I'm even less loved than you! But seriously, I think most people are sending e-cards nowadays. I personally prefer getting them in the mail, but a lot of people don't like to actually write them and send them out. Pure laziness if you ask me! :P

Anonymous said...

Mine are coming you hold your horses!!! Don't rush me sister! See you soon!
Sarah

Daisymum said...

I only received 2.

wonder said...

Maybe you need to find some wealthier friends who can afford the ridiculous postage! I have only gotten 3 so far......pathetic. I can't even put them around my dining room doorway cause it will just make look like a loser with no cards. I agree, bah humbug.

Anonymous said...

That's so weird - I was thinking yesterday that we've hardly had any either!

Bean Counting Knitter said...

I think Christmas cards are becoming extinct. Sort of like how it is not "correct" to wish someone Merry Christmas anymore. I miss those days!

Reenie said...

Sorry Cappy....I've been baaaad and haven't sent cards in 3 years at least! Don't know why I quit either.

I think this year like someone else said people are sending e-cards.

But, that doesn't mean that I don't love ya ~ cause I do.....and I hope you and Cowboy have a Very Merry Christmas.

Love ya, Reenie.

Anonymous said...

We only got 4 ourselves...but I haven't finished mine yet..you will get yours this weekend..

Anonymous said...

It took me a month to get out thank you notes...might take me 'til '09 to do xmas cards!!
...but we're working on it!! :)

Anonymous said...

Send me your address, I'll put one in the mail for you! I'm not kidding.

Lisa-tastrophies said...

I have to admit I am being a Scrooge this Christmas. No cards. It has everything to do with the checkbook and nothing to do with no-love. I promise, if I was sending Christmas cards, I would send you TWO of them!!!
P.s. the Rudolph is now without antlers because Elsa dragged him through the house playing with him :-) I managed to save the antlers and will glue them back on before I put up the decorations.