Friday, August 8, 2008

Olympics, Updates and other Important Randomness

First, some updates from this week's previous blog posts, since I know that you've all spent many a sleepless night wondering about these details of my life:

Walgreen's: $14.55 - for three freaking items. Outrage.

Total Lotto Winnings: it actually ended up being $68.00. Whoop Whoop. That's $2.00 more than we thought. The Cowboy came home last night and threw $18.00 at me and told me to have a ball. I thought that was rather unfair, and that I deserved at least 50% of the total earnings since it was my idea to gamble in the first place, but then I realized I can get at least 2 quality skeins of yarn for $18.00 (and a lot more, if I'm thrifty), so I shut the hell up and pocketed my money.


I decided to go ahead and join the Ravelympics. I'm on Team Austin, and have joined 2 events; WIP wrestling (I'm going to finish those Purple Socks of Death if it kills me...and it might), and Sock Put (I'm a glutton for punishment). It just kicked off this morning at 7:00am CST, and already I'm a little nervous that I am not going to make it. I don't like anyone to be the boss of me, and I don't like feeling like I HAVE to finish these items. But I'm going to give it my best effort.

My friend Bev told me about this awesome website where you can go and listen to pretty much whatever you want, for free, and they stream it onto your computer. You just type in what you want to hear, and they find it and play it for you, as well as similar artists/songs/etc. This has come in handy for me since my mp3 player broke last week. Piece of $#!+. Anyway, check it out if you are able to listen at work. It's awesome. It's called Pandora Radio.

Speaking of music, (and bad music at that, because Pandora is playing "Gloria" by Laura Branigan for me right now...I might have to tell it no thanks to that one) I saw earlier this week that Spinner.com had come out with a list of the 20 Worst Songs Ever. You can click on the link if you want to read the list, and while I agree wholeheartedly with most of their choices, (except that I happen to like #8, Ebony & Ivory, but that's just me), there is a big gaping hole where one noticeable horrendous song is missing. Um, hello? Spinner.com? It's called THE KOKOMO by The Beach Boys. You know, Aruba, Jamaica, ooh I wanna take ya. Bermuda, Bahama. Come on, pretty mama. Shit, now I'm gonna have that song in my head all day.

I'm off to listen to Ebony & Ivory.

I am super excited about the Olympics tonight! I'm going to crack open a bottle of wine (I haven't been able to imbibe in over 2 weeks because I've been on meds) and chillax and knit. And ok let's be honest, cry like a little baby. Because that's what I do when I watch the Olympics. It's gonna be great.

Aggie hopes you all have a great weekend!!

5 comments:

Bean Counting Knitter said...

WHAMP.... That is me bopping you on the head for singing Kokomo. Now I too shall have it in my head for weeks. ;-)

OMG I thought I was the only one to tear up and cry when watching the Olympics. Very overwhelming emotionally for some wonky reason. Have some wine for me cuz I am on meds and have to watch/cry wineless.

From one cappy to another cappy!

Daisymum said...

A Friend of mine doesn't have a tv and he buys one when the olympics are on , gets cable, and when it is over he cancels the cable and returns the tv. Icouldn't believe it. I cry watching the olympics because of the hard work people put into their sport.Congrats on Loto.:)

Anonymous said...

I love the Olympics, even when China walked in it was so emotional, you really feel for those athletes.

Anonymous said...

Good luck with your Ravelympics projects!

Lisa-tastrophies said...

Hey I am here in Austin as well. I love the Olympic knitting idea.... although I am still working on my first three pieces (a vest, a pet bed and a swimsuit cover up). I'm thinking that I will be the last place finisher in the "Worst thing ever knitted" competition. :-)