Monday, June 16, 2008

Sometimes on Mondays, I have opinions about things. And I need to get them off my chest so I can begin the work week.

Yeah.

So first, and I'm going to preface this entire blog by saying that I almost feel badly about posting about the two people I'm going to post about together at the same time. I feel that one deserves our utmost respect and the other most certainly does not. But they are both things that have been bothering me, so here I go.

I don't really have anything profound to say about Tim Russert, but I always liked him and he will be missed. I liked him because he seemed like the kind of guy you'd be able to sit down with and throw a few beers back, or shots of whiskey if you prefer. He was a great moderator and an awesome reporter, but he also seemed like he'd be a lot of fun at a party. You know what I mean? I bet he had some good jokes.

Anyway, I'm saddened by his death, and my thoughts go to his family and friends.

Onto a much much much more happy subject. I don't know if this is normal, and if other people feel the same way regarding this as I do, but I. Love. The. Olympics.


Like, seriously. For real. Straight up. Word to your mother. I can't get enough of it. And I've officially started my own personal count down. 52 days. Whenever an Olympics is in swing, my life kind of becomes a cycle of, well, watching the Olympics. I tear up every time I hear the beginning of our national anthem. And you want to know a secret? I tear up when I hear "Oh Canada" too. Y'all know how I feel about our neighbors to the north. And that is one beautiful song. While I prefer the games of the Winter Olympics to that of the summer, I am nevertheless very excited about Beijing 2008. It seems like it's been way longer than just 2 years since the last games. Yay Olympics.

And now I will leave you with this and apologize if it terrifies you to your very core the way it does me. I just don't really know what it is I'm looking at exactly.

Is that her HAIR???? I mean, I know she's all cracked out and we should Respect and give the girl some privacy so she can get her rock on in peace, but WTF is that???? Why is she able to stand upright? Does she have small animals living in her hair? I can't imagine the need to have a nest that big sitting up there. Perhaps my friend Charlene needs to rescue them and bring them to live with Pebbles & Bam Bam.

Sorry if that's ruined your Monday. But I had to think about it all weekend. Here's to a great week!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ok, now i will give my cents...

1. I too will miss Tim Russert. And I worry about Big Russ, his dad.
2. I weep at Olympics. I love Summer now because it is my Matthew's goal to compete in them in 2012 or 2016. he is serious and I support him. and his freakishly long arms and hands.
3. that amy winehouse needs to go to rehab. even if she says no no no.

thanks for the reference to our cuties. please, i have a picture of said rat in my daughters hair which is much prettier than amy winehouse's. i will send and perhaps you will post for all of the new fans of trixie and peanut. just sayin...

CHARLENE