Monday, June 2, 2008

30 ain't so bad afterall

Not that I was dreading my 30th birthday to begin with, but I certainly wasn't looking as forward to it as I have in years past. People who've known me for awhile know how seriously I take my birthdays. This year I was just like, "eh".

But, it turns out, my birthday this year was fabulous. Blain was totally sneaky and cahooting with various people to pull off a (near) surprise party for me! But the biggest surprise of all was:














Yep. That's m'lady there, that is. She drove in from Alabama to surprise me and boy did she surprise me!!

There was a party, with many drinks and vomit free cupcakes and a big Strawberry Shortcake pinata, filled with liquors and candies.














Friends old and new co-mingled.














And I got to wear a crown. What could be better than that?

A visit from my lady was just what the doctor had ordered, and definitely eased my pain about turning 30 (mostly because my lady is already 30, so at least I'm not as old as she is).














My actual birthday was spent in the ridiculous heat and humidity of San Antonio, but it was all good and totally worth it, as I got to hang out with my awesome cousin Sean and his equally if not slightly more awesome girlfriend, Katie.















Yeah. It's hot as balls in Texas.















But I did receive a serenade for my birthday. Mind you, a serenade that I paid for myself. But whatever. When that little Mexican man said "Happy Birthday Susie" it made it all worthwhile.














And a Happy Birthday indeed it was.

Let us not forget about the Nuggle. She made an appearance also.














And last but most certainly not least.....I passed along my one true love of yarn and needles and taught Wonder how to knit. Oh joyous day! Someone else who can share my obsession.














Oh, and in case you're wondering? Those socks on Wonder's feet? Yeah, I totally made those. Hollerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A fine tribute to our ladyhood if I do say so myself.

Anonymous said...

the pic of you and Blain is funny. He looks like he has one leg... I know that's not funny but to me it is.. cuz i'm a dork