Friday, June 13, 2008

Friday Meme

So I went to my very first Knit Night/Stitch-n-Bitch/Chicks with Sticks group last night. You might remember that awhile back, I had planned on attending a meeting....well that never happened. It was a funny(ish) story, but now I'm not in the mood to go into it.

Anyway, the meeting was great and I picked up a few new techniques. Turns out I've been knitting ass backwards this whole time. Well not really, but I've been knitting English style, which, apparently, is not the most efficiant form of knitting around. And I'm all about efficiancy, so I picked up the "new" (new to me anyway) style of Continental knitting last night. It's going to take some practice, but I can already tell that I will like it better and it will improve my speed. Anyway, I met some really nice knitty friends and I will definitely be going back for more meetings. I would post pictures but I didn't take any, because I didn't want to be "That Crazy New Girl Who Shows up With a Camera". You know who I'm talking about.

So instead, I've decided to do something else with photos. I've seen the following idea all over random knitting blogs and photo sights. It's called a Meme (pronounced Meem, I believe). Here are the rules:

a. Type your answer to each of the questions below into flickr search
b. Using only the first page, pick an image
c. Copy and paste each of the URLs for the images into fd's mosaic maker

1. What is your first name?
2. What is your favorite food?
3. What high school did you go to?
4. What is your favorite color?
5. Who is your celebrity crush?
6. Favorite drink?
7. Dream vacation?
8. Favorite dessert?
9. What you want to be when you grow up?
10. What do you love most in life?
11. One Word to describe you.
12. Your flickr name.
I totally stole this idea from Staci, so I will gladly give credit where it's due. Also, Flickr, for those of you who don't know, is an online photo uploading and sharing sight. I use it in conjunction with my Ravelry account, where I post pictures of my knitting projects. My flickr ID is caps, but I can tell you that my pictures aren't much to look at. Some people take some beautiful shots, but I use mine mostly for knitting purposes. I'm no Ansel Adams. I leave that up to the Cowboy.
Anyway, hope everyone has a great weekend!

2 comments:

Wendee said...

I haven't even had a chance to peruse your blog yet, however I can tell right away I'm going to love it. Hello? Robert Downey Jr. and Neil Diamond on the same page? (heart going pitter patter :)

Barbara Marr said...

My husband taught himself to knit with and E. Zimmerman book a few years ago and she did Continental. He is a much faster knitter than I. I tried it but whenever my mind would wander (happens alot), I would end up 'throwing' the yarn again.

I have heard Continental is easier on the wrists, too. Glad you were able to pick it up so quick.